Sunday 23 January 2011

Beautiful Swan




Posters by La Boca

Finally saw Black Swan. Was scared to see it but knew I needed to see it on the big screen to admire the visual feast created. Luckily when I did go I was in a black mood myself so I was able to get totally swept up into the world Darren Aronofsky has envisioned.

I was not disappointed. It was incredible. Scary, intense, beautiful, crazy, emotional and just WOW. One of the best films I've seen in a long time. Natalie Portman blew my mind. The camera angles and positions just added to the drama and intensity. When she bled you felt her pain. When she was scared you were scared. I jumped out of my skin a number of times. But all the time I was enthralled by the beauty of what was in front of me played out to the familiar sounds of Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky. It just made it all the more haunting.

Just WOW.

No comments: