Saturday 27 September 2008

Home is where the heart is..?

I like where i grew up. It's very fashionable now to trash where I came from and say its a dump. But i love it. I loved growing up by the seaside. I love the tacky amusements and the fair. I love the country on our backdoor. I love the fresh air and i love the feeling of freedom i get when i stand on the prom and feel the sea air on my face. I wouldn't change where i come from for anything, it makes you who you are. So i do still like to go home. I get excited even every time i approach. Maybe it's knowing I'm going to a loving family home. Maybe its knowing my friends are amazing and will always have time to see me. Maybe its the memories. I just love it simple as. And i hate feeling the need to justify to people why I'm coming home. yeah London is great its exciting, its vibrant and life never stops. But home is special. I feel safe. I feel cosy. I feel 100% loved. It's all very good going into the world and living your life but every once in a while i need to stop for a second and remember where i came from and how lucky i am.

No comments: