Thursday 22 January 2009

I'm in love...

with Take Thats new song Up all Night. Its such a good pop song but at the same time different from what they normally do. And Mark gets to sing lead. Its fabulous.

Heath Ledger got nominated for an Oscar today on the anniversary of his death. Such a sad and great thing all at once.

I'm turning into a bit of a film geek with all this extra time on my hands. I want to watch all the films nominated for Best Picture. I've seen Slumdog Millionaire already and it was good but I thought a little over hyped. I was expecting the best film ever and it wasn't. It was good though, a colourful but gritty slice of Indian life. I now really want to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, I think its a great concept. Frost/Nixon, Well into my politics at the moment and then Milk just to round it off. I'm not sure about The Reader but we will see. I used to have an unlimited film card when I was in Uni and could go see loads of films. It was great as you would go watch films you might not normally. If I had a car I would so get one now.

Of course this all just means I really should get a job but whilst I'm looking I might as well watch as many films as possible.

No comments: